Since Zonta was established in 1919, many members have joined us and are contributing actively to our objectives. Today, we are a leading global organization of more than 30,000 members in a diversity of professions in 67 countries worldwide. The main objectives for Zonta are to achieve gender equality and empowerment of women. We believe that a better world can only be a reality when women have access to all resources, and are represented in decision making positions on an equal basis with men, when every woman is able to achieve her full potential. In Zonta, we empower women worldwide through service and advocacy while we develop ourselves.
ZONTA CLUB MEMBERS:
Volunteer time and talents in initiating changes that will strengthen women’s role in the world. For example, we
- Participate in service projects that empower women worldwide, help women to achieve their aspirations and enjoy a better quality of life
- Advocate Zonta’s position on women’s issues locally and internationally, safeguarding women’s rights as human rights
- Achieve greater impact on the international platform by combining our voices with like-minded organizations and through our consultative status with the United Nations as a non-governmental organization
- Work with government and community leaders who share common goals
- Encourage and help students to develop leadership skills, explore career options, and participate in community projects
Belong to a forward looking global organization whose voice is heard and respected locally and internationally, including at the United Nations and the Council of Europe and thus
- Unite with other members to foster high ethical standards and world fellowship
- Connect with Zontians from all professions and cultures worldwide and share their passion in organizing women’s projects
- Benefit from mentoring and leadership development programs organized at the local and international levels
- Discuss viewpoints with other Zontians, and benefit from the exchange of ideas
- Participate in project management to widen your exposure and experience
- Are groomed as dynamic leaders in organizing various projects and activities.
Zonta is the organization of choice for women and men sharing a common goal: empowering women through service and advocacy. Together, and with CONVICTION – COMMITMENT – COURAGE, we can accomplish more!